Info Agency Main Banner Content
Most smokers want to quit smoking, and about 6 in 10 Hoosiers who smoke tried to quit in the past year. By providing a smoke-free worksite and offering cessation benefits, employers can support successful cessation and in turn receive a healthier, more productive, and less costly workforce.
Four things employers can do to promote employee cessation:
- Provide a smoke-free worksite.
- Offer cessation benefits in your health plan including:
- Coverage for multiple forms of counseling (individual, group, or telephone)
- FDA-approved cessation medications
- Reduced barriers to cessation, including minimizing co-pays and other out-of-pocket costs to employees
- Coverage of cessation services for spouses, dependents, and retirees
- Implement workplace programs that encourage employees to quit.
- Become a Quit Now Preferred Employer for access to free materials and resources to help your employees quit.