Language Translation
  Close Menu

Help with Mortgage Foreclosures

Borrowers in foreclosure cases filed after July 1, 2009, have the legal right to request a settlement conference with the mortgage lender. A settlement conference is a face-to-face meeting with your lender’s representative to potentially work out a deal with your lender before a foreclosure takes place.

The Office of Judicial Administration is required by Indiana Code [IC 32-30-10.5-10(i)] to provide a list of items needed for a settlement conference. These items listed are part of the loss mitigation packet:

  • Financial worksheet
  • Hardship letter explaining what has happened that has made you unable to pay your mortgage
  • Dodd-Frank certification
  • Request for Modification and Affidavit
  • 4506T-EZ Form
  • Authorization for release of information
  • Copies of supporting documentation

The Indiana Foreclosure Prevention Network and the Indiana Housing & Community Development Authority may be able to provide additional information.

Getting help with your case

Court staff cannot give legal advice.

If you have questions about handling a legal matter, please contact a lawyer. See Getting Legal Help for some resources.

Contact your local clerk's office about where to file your forms, or learn about how to e-file.

 Top FAQs