Across Indiana, Career Ready events will help you prepare for your future career. Your school or community organization may have its own Career Ready events.
Apr. 20-24 - Suggested Kick-off Week
Suggested activities include:
- Monday: Career Dress-up Day (don't forget to think about how your school lessons relate to your chosen career)
- Tuesday: Career Theater (view Hoosier Hot 50 videos and explore more facts at LearnMoreIndiana.org/hot50)
- Wednesday: Career Trivia (take college and career trivia in your lunchroom or during morning announcements)
- Thursday: Career Dreams (share your dream career, perhaps with photos, and the type of college degree you'll need)
- Friday: Career Professional Speakers (listen to local professionals share their stories. Local government leaders, parents and grandparents are all great at sharing about their careers!)
May 21 - Career Explorer Day
It's a great day to visit your Indiana Career Explorer account at LearnMoreIndiana.org/careerexplorer! If you're in 8th grade, make sure your high school Grad Plan lists all the courses you'll take throughout high school. If you're in grades 6-12, you can take a career interest inventory or explore a specific career field.
May 29 - Contest Deadline!
Career Ready contest entries are due! Students can win $529 for college. Schools can complete a grant application for $1,000 for college and career readiness activities. Learn more here.