- Read LEARN MORE, Learn More Indiana’s student success publication, and complete the activities. All students should receive a copy at school, or visit LearnMoreIndiana.org/Print to download an online version.
- Complete your high school Graduation Plan with your school counselor or access it online on your Indiana Career Explorer account under “My Portfolio”. Remember, pursuing a Core 40 diploma with Academic or Technical Honors will give you the most options for college or other career training after high school. Include every class during every semester for the diploma you plan to earn, and don’t forget about Advanced Placement (AP) and dual-credit courses, which will save you money on tuition later.
- Plan to earn merit-based financial aid or scholarships. Set goals for your grades, participation in extracurricular activities and/or volunteering and leadership experience.
- Match your high school classes with the career(s) you are pursuing. Make use of electives to explore careers more deeply, and don’t forget to review your career interest inventory results on the Indiana Career Explorer.
- Research Indiana colleges, or other options you’re considering after high school. Start your search at LearnMoreIndiana.org. Planning to graduate before your senior year? You can apply to earn up to $4,000 for college costs in the Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship, so make sure to see if your top college picks are eligible.
View a printer-friendly checklist here.