College Planning Checklist: Grade 11
- Read Next Indiana, our magazine about college and careers. All students should receive a copy at school, or visit LearnMoreIndiana.org/print.
- Visit your top college choices in person. You’ll also want to attend college fairs at your high school or in your community.
- Review and update your high school Graduation Plan with your school counselor. Ensure you’re still on track for the diploma you plan to earn. You can access the Grad Plan online on your Indiana Career Explorer account under “My Portfolio,” too.
- Sign up to take the SAT and/or ACT college admissions tests. Ask your counselor about fee waivers if paying for the tests is an issue for your family.
- Compare college costs with the Indiana College Costs Estimator. Ask your parents for their most recent tax information (or a good guess) so you’ll get the most accurate estimate of how much financial aid you'll get from each Indiana college.
View a printer-friendly checklist here.