- Read Next Indiana, Learn More Indiana’s student success publication, and complete the activities. All students should receive a copy at school, or visit LearnMoreIndiana.org/Print to download an online version.
- Visit your top college choices in person. You’ll also want to attend college fairs at your high school or in your community and speak to college representatives.
- Review and update your high school Graduation Plan with your school counselor. Ensure you’re still on track for the diploma you plan to earn. You can access the Grad Plan online on your Indiana Career Explorer account under “My Portfolio,” too.
- Sign up to take the SAT and/or ACT college admissions tests. Ask your counselor about fee waivers if paying for the tests is an issue for your family.
- Compare college costs with the Indiana College Costs Estimator. Ask your parents for their most recent tax information (or a good guess) so you’ll get the most accurate net price for attending each Indiana college (which includes a calculation of your estimated financial aid).
View a printer-friendly checklist here.