- File your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at FAFSA.gov by March 10 to maintain financial aid eligibility if you plan to enroll in college in the fall. Make sure to submit any updates (such as actual instead of estimated tax information) by May 15.
- Calculate college costs with the Indiana College Costs Estimator. Download the mobile app to compare estimated net prices of attending any Indiana college in the palm of your hand.
- Contribute to an Indiana CollegeChoice 529 Savings Plan at LearnMoreIdiana.org/529 to take advantage of tax credits and other benefits as you save for college.
- Search for scholarships and ask your current employer about tuition assistance and reimbursement programs that can help you pay for college.
- Borrow wisely, if you need to use student loans to finance your education. Get tips on borrowing and learn about loan repayment options.
View a printer-friendly checklist here.