- Read LEARN MORE, Learn More Indiana’s student success publication, with your parents and complete the activities. All students should receive a copy at school, or visit LearnMoreIndiana.org/Print to download an online version.
- Open an Indiana CollegeChoice 529 College Savings Plan (or another savings account for college). Learn more about the tax benefits of a 529 Plan at LearnMoreIndiana.org/529.
- Give yourself the gift of education. Put aside part of your birthday and holiday gift money in a college savings plan, or ask friends and relatives to contribute directly to your Indiana CollegeChoice 529 Savings Plan.
- Grow your college savings by linking your savings account to Upromise.com. A portion of your family’s spending on restaurants and everyday items will go directly in your savings account.
- Read! For kindergarten students, being read to (and eventually reading themselves) sets the stage for everything that happens in future grades. It will help you earn good grades, and—eventually—scholarships for college.
View a printer-friendly checklist here.