- Read LEARN MORE, Learn More Indiana’s student success publication, and complete the activities. All students should receive a copy at school, or visit LearnMoreIndiana.org/Print to download an online version.
- Plan your high school courses to maximize financial aid by pursuing a Core 40 diploma with Academic Honors or Technical Honors.
- Get involved. Choose one or two extracurricular activities on which you’ll focus during high school. Your involvement in an afterschool club, student government, community service, sports or something else you love will help you earn scholarships. Plus, it’s fun!
- Contribute to an Indiana CollegeChoice 529 College Savings Plan (or another savings account for college). Learn more about the tax benefits of a 529 Plan at LearnMoreIndiana.org/529.
- Succeed! Good grades matter when it comes to financial aid. Even if you’re eligible for need-based financial aid, you’ll need good grades to get into the college or program you want to study.
View a printer-friendly checklist here.