In return for keeping the Scholars Pledge and meeting the expectations of the Scholar Success Program throughout high school and college, the Commission for Higher Education commits to providing Scholars with up to four years of undergraduate tuition assistance at an eligible Indiana college or university, dependent on financial need.
As a Scholar, you pledge to:
- Complete the Scholar Success Program, which includes activities at each grade level in high school to help you plan, prepare and pay for college.
- Graduate from a state-accredited high school with a minimum of a Core 40 diploma and a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Not use illegal drugs, commit a crime or delinquent act, or consume alcohol before reaching the legal drinking age.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 10 as a high school senior and each year thereafter until you graduate from college.
- Apply to an eligible Indiana college as a high school senior, and enroll as a full-time student within one year of high school graduation.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards established by my college.
- Complete 30 credit hours each year you are in college to stay on track toward earning your degree on time.