Changes to the vision plan saves you money
The State recognizes that frames and contact lens can be expensive. In an effort you save you money, State Personnel is excited to announce an increase to both the frame and contact allowances under the vision plan for 2019. Beginning January 1st, the plan will cover the first $150 dollars of your frames or contact lenses. This change has the potential of saving you $40 to $45 respectfully.
With this added benefit, please take the time this year to have a vision exam. An annual exam with dilation will only cost you $10 at an in-network provider. Not only is an exam important for your vision but it can also help detect diabetes and high blood pressure.
To view your current eligibility for an exam, frames, lens, or contacts, please follow the below steps.
- Go to www.Anthem.com and log in to your account.
- Place curser of the "My Plan" drop-down menu on top of the page
- Click “Benefits” on the drop-down menu
- Click the box showing your current Vision benefit period
- Scroll down and click on the “View your vision benefit information” link
- On the new tab, click the “View your Benefits” tab on top of the page
- Select Member
- Select Group “Blue View Select SOI NASCO (1004118)”
- Click the “Display Benefits” button on the bottom of the page
- Under the “Service Eligibility” section, you will find you current eligibility for an exam, frames, lens and contacts
Through Anthem Blue View Vision, you and your dependents have a large network of ophthalmologists, optometrists, opticians and retail locations to choose from. To find an in-network provider go to www.Anthem.com and log in to your account. Once there, put your curser on the “Care” drop-down menu on top of the page and select “Vision” under the “Care & Cost Finder” section. When the new page loads, you can enter your search criteria.
For 2019, the Vision plan premiums have increased slightly. The new rates are listed below.
|Vision||2019 Bi-Weekly Rate|
- SuccessFactors (for AOS, ISD, ISBVI employees)
- SPD Knowledge Management Portal (SharePoint)
- PeopleSoft Financials
- Search Employment Opportunities
- PeopleSoft Human Resources
- Citrix Remote Access
- PeopleSoft Learning Management
- Indiana Public Retirement System
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center