July 19 - September 11, 2018 - Indiana Secretary of State Connie Lawson hosts a fun game of BINGO centered around investment fraud prevention. Enjoy refreshments and prizes while also learning how to protect yourself from financial fraud and recognize the warning signs of opportunities that are too good to be true. To RSVP for one of our MoneyWise BINGO events, please contact Mikaela Malott at MMalott@Hirons.com or 317-977-2206.
- 7/19/18 - 10:30-11:30 a.m. - Christ the Savior Lutheran Church - 10500 E 126th St, Fishers, IN 46038
- 7/19/18 - 1:30-2:30 p.m. - Anderson Public Library - 111 E 12th St, Anderson, IN 46016
- 7/23/18 - 2:30-3:30 p.m. - American Legion Post 230 - 701 E Morgan St, Martinsville, IN 46151
- 7/24/18 - 6:00-7:00 p.m. - American Legion Post 331 - 636 E Main St, Brownsburg, Indiana 46112
- 7/25/18 - 3:00-4:00 p.m. - Johnson County Public Library - 401 S State St, Franklin, IN 46131
- 7/30/18 - 12:00-1:00 p.m. - Hancock Public Library - 900 W McKenzie Rd, Greenfield, IN 46140
- 7/30/18 - 3:30-4:30 p.m. - American Legion Post 79 - 9950 E 600 S, Zionsville, IN 46077
- 7/31/18 - 9:15-10:15 a.m. - Elkhart Public Library - 300 S 2nd St, Elkhart, IN 46516
- 8/23/18 - 2:30-3:30 p.m. - Indianapolis Public Library - 5420 E 38th St, Indianapolis, IN 46218
- 8/28/18 - 1:00-2:00 p.m. (CST) - Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library - 200 SE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Evansville, IN 47713
- 9/4/18 - 1:00-2:00 p.m. - Tippecanoe County Public Library - 627 South St, Lafayette, IN 47901
- 9/6/18 - 1:00-2:00 p.m. - Allen County Public Library - 900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- 9/11/18 - 1:00-2:00 p.m. - St Joseph County Public Library - 304 S Main St, South Bend, IN 46601
- 9/11/18 - 5:00-6:00 p.m. (CST) - Portage Public Library - 2665 Irving St, Portage, IN 46303
JULY 15-20, 2018 - We're kicking off summer by setting up shop at the Hendricks County 4H Fair! Members of our outreach team can be found in the Hendricks Power Exposition Hall each day from 2:00 pm until 9:00 pm. We can answer questions about the Indiana Secretary of State's office and our four divisions. Plus, you can register to vote on site! For hours, ticket information, and directions, please visit the Hendricks County 4H Fair's website.
JULY 20-22, 2018 - The second weekend of IBE's Summer Celebration is action-packed, and we're there for it! We'll have a booth in the government section of the Exposition Hall. It's FREE and open to the public. Stop by our booth to get some great information about investing, buying a car, starting a business, and even register to vote! The Expo Hall is open from 12 pm-8 pm on Friday, 10 am-9 pm on Saturday, and 12 pm-7 pm on Sunday. We hope to see you there!
AUGUST 3-19, 2018 - We will once again have an Exposition Hall booth throughout the duration of the Indiana State Fair. Stop by to say hello and speak with some of our staff. Whether you're starting a new business, registering to vote for the first time, buying a car from an Indiana dealer, or considering investment options... our staff can help you make informed decisions! And as a special treat this year, the Indiana Secretary of State's office presents $2 Tuesdays at the fair! That means gate admission is $2, midway rides are $2, and food options are $2 for all fairgoers. For a look at Indiana State Fair hours, parking information, and prices, be sure to visit their website.
Ongoing - Indiana Secretary of State Connie Lawson believes Hoosiers can start thinking and learning about financial fitness at any age. The purpose of this reading program is to help elementary age students learn about smart money management and how to apply this skill to their own lives. Students can participate independently or through participating libraries. This program is available year round. Suggested books and activities can be found on Secretary Lawson's website by following this link.
OCTOBER 27, 2018 - No judgment. No sales pitches. Just straight answers. Straight Answer Saturday is a FREE community event presented by Indiana Secretary of State Connie Lawson. Come meet one-on-one with attorneys and financial planners to advance your future. We have partnered with the University of Indianapolis, the Financial Planners Association of Greater Indiana, and the Indiana State Bar Association to make this event available to all Hoosiers. Keep an eye on this event page, as well as our social media feeds, for updates regarding pre-registrations and more.
If you have questions about attending one of our events, or if you would like to request a guest speaker, please contact Kelly Griese at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-233-3985.