Info Agency Main Banner Content
Personal Finance 101
One of the missions of Indiana MoneyWise is to educate Hoosiers about investment and mortgage fraud so they don't fall victim to scams. A second, equally important mission of the program is to promote financial literacy in Hoosiers of all ages.
Financial literacy is a basic understanding of personal finance concepts like credit card smarts, budgeting, retirement planning and more.
Read through the sections listed below for tips on how to be a smarter saver, more responsible consumer and better informed investor. Make sure you check back often as this section of the site is frequently updated.
- Basics of Budgeting
- Savvy Savings Tips
- Credit and Debit Card Smarts
- Debt Management
- Investing 101
- Retirement Planning
- Understanding Mortgages, Mortgage Calculator
- Is Refinancing Right for You?, Refinancing Options
- Car Financing Tips
- Managing Your Finances After a Job Loss
- Teaching Children about Money Management
- Saving for College
- Money Skills for Newlywed Couples
- Test your financial skills with Financial Football, a fun, interactive computer game created by VISA and the NFL.
- Not a fan of American football? Try Financial Soccer, a fast-paced, multiple-choice question game, testing players’ knowledge of financial management skills as they advance down field, and try to score goals.