Personal Finance 101
One of the missions of Indiana MoneyWise is to educate Hoosiers about investment and mortgage fraud so they don't fall victim to scams. A second, equally important mission of the program is to promote financial literacy in Hoosiers of all ages.
Financial literacy is a basic understanding of personal finance concepts like credit card smarts, budgeting, retirement planning and more.
Read through the sections listed below for tips on how to be a smarter saver, more responsible consumer and better informed investor. Make sure you check back often as this section of the site is frequently updated.
- Basics of Budgeting
- Savvy Savings Tips
- Credit and Debit Card Smarts
- Debt Management
- Investing 101
- Retirement Planning
- Understanding Mortgages, Mortgage Calculator
- Is Refinancing Right for You?, Refinancing Options
- Car Financing Tips
- Managing Your Finances After a Job Loss
- Teaching Children about Money Management
- Saving for College
- Money Skills for Newlywed Couples
- Test your financial skills with Financial Football, a fun, interactive computer game created by VISA and the NFL.
- Not a fan of American football? Try Financial Soccer, a fast-paced, multiple-choice question game, testing players’ knowledge of financial management skills as they advance down field, and try to score goals.