Effective July 1, 2021 the Auto Dealer Services Division assumed responsibility for Transport Operator plates.
Below are step-by-step guides for our online services. If you would like additional assistance with any of these processes, please call our Account Helpline at 317-576-2568. The helpline is available M-F 8:00AM - 4:30PM (excluding state holidays):
- Transport Operator Application Guide
- Report a Plate as Lost, Stolen, or Mutilated
- Request Additional Plates (within your existing limit)
- Request a Plate Limit Increase
- Request Replacement Plates
- Transport Operator Renewal
- Update Insurance
Pre-July 1, 2021 Plate Holders:
Your renewal date may shift as part of the transition. We have advised Indiana law enforcement of this change Please review the below renewal schedule (effective July 1, 2021) and the advisory distributed to law enforcement.
Law Enforcement Advisory – Expiration Date Shift
Your renewal date may shift as part of the transition. Please review the below renewal schedule (effective July 1, 2021):
Transport Business Name Begins With
Plate Expiration Date
Non-alpha (number or symbol)