Indiana Secretary of State Todd Rokita reminds voters of registration deadline one week away
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 29, 2010
INDIANAPOLIS – Indiana Secretary of State Todd Rokita, Indiana’s chief election officer, urges Indiana voters to be aware of the Monday, April 5 deadline to register or update their registration for the upcoming primary election. Voters who have moved since the last election must update their information by this deadline.
“I hope everyone eligible to vote in Indiana this year will exercise their right to do so, starting with the May 4 primary,” said Secretary Rokita. “The first step in fulfilling this civic duty is to register, either as a new voter, or if your registration needs to be updated for any reason. Now is the time.”
Anyone not registered to vote may register in person at his or her county voter registration office, county clerk's office, or any Bureau of Motor Vehicles license branch. Voters may also mail in their registration form, which can be printed from https://www.indianavoters.com/. Mailed in registration forms must be postmarked by the same April 5 deadline.
Indiana residents are eligible to vote in the primary if they
· Will be at least 18 years of age at the next General Election on November 2, 2010,
· Are a citizen of the United States and a resident of Indiana,
· Are not currently in prison after being convicted of a crime, and
· Will have lived in the precinct where they plan to vote for at least 30 days prior to the election.
Secretary Rokita recommends all Hoosiers prepare for Election Day by visiting https://www.indianavoters.com/ or calling the Hoosier Voter Hotline, 866-IN-1-VOTE to ensure they are registered to vote or to locate their polling place. Information is also available on how to request and/or cast an absentee ballot and about Indiana’s photo ID requirement to vote. Voters who have changed their name since the last election are encouraged to update their registration by April 5, however a voter may also indicate their change of name on the list of voters on election day.
Voter registration for the November 2, 2010 General Election begins May 18 and closes October 4.
Media Contact: Jim Gavin, 317.233.8655, email@example.com
- Form a New Business
- File a Supplemental Business Filing
- File Entity Report
- File UCC
- File a Securities Complaint
- Search Securities Registrations
- Precious Metal Dealer Registration
- View Election Results
- Search list of valid auto dealers
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center