Date, Time and Location of Sales
- All sales are scheduled on the 4th Thursday of each month.
- All sales are scheduled at 1:00 o'clock p.m. local time.
- All sales are held at the DeKalb County Jail, 215 E. 8th Street, Auburn, IN.
All dates, times, and locations of sales may be changed if necessary and with proper notice.
- The minimum bids (beginning bids) are entered on the SRI website as soon as SRI receives them. The property will not sell for any less than the minimum bid. You may check the website at any time to make sure the property has not been cancelled.
- There is no registration to be able to bid at the sheriff's sales.
- You must be present to bid on properties being offered.
- All bids are for CASH or CERTIFIED CHECK ie. (CASHIER'S CHECK).
- Personal checks, company checks, Pre-Certification or letter of intent from a back or loaning institution shall not be accepted as payment at Sheriff Sales.
- Certified checks shall be payable to the Sheriff of DeKalb County.
- If you are a successful bidder:
- The entire amount of your bid is due one hour from sale time at the jail in the form of a cashier's check made payable to the DeKalb County Sheriff;
- Your deed will be provided to you within a week following the sale date;
- You are responsible for completing your own sales disclosure form to transfer the property with the auditor; and
- You are responsible for recording your deed with the recorder.
Liens on property
Although real estate taxes are current on the date of the sale, it is highly recommended that any person interested in purchasing a property at a sheriff's sale should perform a title search to ensure there are no other existing liens or encumbrances that may follow the property (that you, as a buyer, will be responsible for). You can contact an attorney or local title company for further information.
Any questions regarding Sheriff Sales contact SRI.