SBOE Recognized Accrediting Organizations
Currently, the following organizations are accrediting bodies eligible to accredit nonpublic K12 schools in Indiana:
- Accrediting Association of Seventh-Day Adventist Schools, Colleges, and Universities (AASDU);
- American Association of Christian Schools (AACS);
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI);
- Christian Schools International (CSI);
- Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS);
- International Christian Accrediting Association (ICAA);
- National Lutheran Schools Accreditation (NLSA); and
- North Central Association (NCA)/AdvancED.
On May 13, 2020, the Indiana State Board of Education approved the process by which third-party organizations may seek recognition as accrediting bodies for nonpublic K-12 schools. Details are available here. An overview of the rolling application timeline is below. Accrediting organizations seeking recognition by the Indiana State Board of Education must electronically submit a petition to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 30 of the year during which the organization seeks recognition.
August 1: Application window to submit notice of intent opens. Upon receipt of notice of intent, organizations seeking recognition will be provided the petition materials
September 30: Last day of the application window to submit notice of intent. Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.
November 30: Deadline for organizations to submit their "seeking recognition" petition. Petitions submitted after this date may not be accepted.
Questions should be directed to email@example.com.