The Telehealth Provider Certification is required by Indiana Code 25-1-9.5. In order for a practitioner to practice telehealth in Indiana, a copy of their individual certification and their employer's certification must be filed with the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. This certification is to ensure that the practitioner and their employer voluntarily agree to be subject to the jurisdiction of Indiana courts and Indiana substantive and procedural laws concerning the care of an individual who is located in Indiana at the time of service. These certifications must be completed before the provider may establish a provider-patient relationship for an individual in Indiana.
Both the practitioner and the employer certifications can be filed online. To begin that process, please utilize the button below and login to your AccessIndiana account. Additional information on creating or using your AccessIndiana account may be found at the bottom of the page.
This certification is available to the list of practitioners found at the bottom of the page or on the certification forms.
Provider & Employer Applications
These two certifications, both the individual provider's and the employer's, must be completed and filed with the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency before the provider may establish a provider-patient relationship for an individual located in Indiana. In the event that a provider changes employers, a new employer certification request must be filed.
Access Indiana & MyLicense Instructions
- Go to MyLicense.IN.gov.
- If you are a practitioner, please utilize the 'Personal Licensing' option. If you are an employer, please utilize the 'Business Licensing' option.
- If you have an existing Access Indiana account, select login using your existing account.
- If you do not have an existing AccessIndiana account, click 'Register for an Access Indiana account' and then use the Person Search function.
- You can enter your Date of Birth and SSN to search for an existing personal record.
- If a record is found, your information will be populated and then click Register.
- If no record is found, you can enter your information and click Register.
- Click Initial Application on the left-hand menu.
- Select Telehealth Certificate.
- Follow the prompts to receive your certification.
The practitioners who are eligible to apply for telehealth certification are as follows:
|Athletic Trainer||Social Worker||Diabetes Educator||Occupational Therapist||Audiologist|
|Addiction Counselor||Chiropractor||Genetic Counselor||Optometrist||Speech Pathologist|
|Bachelor Social Worker||Dentist||Osteopathic Physician||Pharmacist||Veterinarian|
|Clinical Addiction Counselor||Dental Hygienist||Physician||Physical Therapist|
|Clinical Social Worker||Dental Resident||Advance Practice Registered Nurse||Physician Assistant|
|Marriage & Family Therapist||Dental Faculty||Licensed Practical Nurse||Podiatrist|
|Mental Health Counselor||Dietitian||Registered Nurse||Respiratory Care Practitioner|