License Renewal Information
Renewal notices are sent approximately 90 days prior to the expiration date. Licensees with a valid email address on file will be emailed the renewal information. Licensees that do not have a valid email address on file will be mailed license renewal information. This notice is mailed to the licensee's address of record with the Board.
Renew your license by going to MyLicense.IN.gov. For individual licenses, create or login to your Access Indiana, single sign-on account to start the renewal process. For business licenses, register your account with your license number and the registration code included on your renewal notice. Guides for logging in are below. Certificate of Authority renewals are not available online for the March 31, 2022 deadline. Renewal forms are emailed with your renewal notice or posted on the renewal documents page.
Renew by Mail
You may print a renewal from the renewal documents page. Late renewals will require proof of continuing education to be included.
You may order a license card or print a free card by logging into your account at MyLicense.IN.gov at any time after your license has been renewed. You can determine if your renewal has been received and processed by accessing our free Online Verification Search. Please allow 24 hours (1 business day) for your license to be updated. Once you verify that your license has been renewed, you may order a new license card online.
Renewal and Access Indiana Guide for first time registration
1) FUNERAL DIRECTOR LICENSE:
To renew your license online you will need to first register for an Access Indiana Account at MyLicense.IN.gov. You will need to use a PC or a laptop. Mobile devices such as phones and tablets are not compatible.
- Click on “REGISTER FOR AN ACCESS INDIANA ACCOUNT” in the “Personal Licensing Box”. After you have gone through the process the next time you want to log into your record you would click on the dark blue LOGIN button.
- Click on “SIGN UP FOR ACCESS INDIANA”.
- Enter your personal e-mail address (not an employer e-mail address) to confirm validity.
- Click “SEND VERIFICATION CODE” to continue.
- Open a new browser tab or window to check your email for a message with the subject of ACCESS INDIANA EMAIL VERIFICTION and copy the verification code.
- Enter or paste that verification code in the VERIFICATION CODE section.
- Create your PASSWORD using the requirements are listed on the right.
- Enter your personal identifying information then click “CREATE ACCOUNT”.
- OPTIONAL: The Two-Step Verification is optional. Click SKIP if you do not want to utilize this security feature.
- OPTIONAL: The RECOVERY EMAIL is optional. Click SKIP if you do not want to utilize this security feature.
- Search for your existing license record by entering your license number and Social Security number.
- Click “REGISTER” to link to your license record.
- You are now in your license record and may choose the service you want.
2) FUNERAL HOMES: No Access Indiana Account is required for the Renewal.
- Click on “Login to Business Licensing with MyLicense" in the “Business Licensing Box”.
- If you do not know the User Id and Password for your business, or to apply for a new Business Professional License, click Register a Business on the left menu..
- Enter your BUSINESS LICENSE NUMBER and the REGISRATION CODE that was included in your renewal notice. If you do not have your registration code, you may call or e-mail our office for that code at 317 234-3031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your record will appear and you will create a usernam and password.
- Click “REGISTER”.
- You are now in your license record and may choose the service you want on the left.