Close Menu

Renewal Information

  • HFA and RCA licenses expire on August 31 of even-numbered years. 
  • The HFA and RCA renewal fee is $100.
  • View continuing education requirements prior to renewal to ensure you are in compliance with all rules and regulations.  

Renewal notices are sent approximately ninety (90) days prior to the expiration date. License holders with valid email addresses on file will be emailed the renewal notice. Those who do not have valid email addresses on file will be mailed the license renewal notice; this notice is mailed to the address on record with the Board. The Board has no way of knowing whether or not a notice reaches its destination; therefore, when a notice has been emailed to a valid email address or mailed, the duty of the Board has been performed.

Online renewal is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for most license renewals. Online renewal takes only minutes, and your renewal will be processed and available for verification the next business day. You can update your address during the renewal process or anytime using our MyLicense online service.

Inactive Status

A licensed HFA may apply to the board to renew his or her license in an inactive status. No continuing education is required to renew inactive. An inactive HFA may not practice health facility administration while in an inactive status. If you hold a license in inactive or active status you may renew online to inactive status. If you are currently in inactive status and wish to renew to an active status, you may email your request to the board at pla10@pla.in.gov.

If a licensed HFA has been inactive for a period of more than three (3) years at the date the reactivation application is filed the HFA must make a personal appearance before the board, show proof of completed CE, and provide employment history during the inactive period. These requirements must be met within the two year period immediately before the date the reactivation application is filed.

Paper Renewal Documents

The renew your license by paper, you must select a document below. Print and mail the completed form with the required renewal fee to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. The address is on the form, and checks should be made payable to 'Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.' If your license has been expired for more than three (3) years or the license renewal form you need is not available, please contact the board by email at pla10@pla.in.gov.

HFA Renew Form

RCA Renew Form

Over 3 year HFA Reinstatement Form

Over 3 year RCA Reinstatement Form

CE Sponsorship Renewal 

Name change - You may have the name changed on your licensure records by submitting a copy of an official name change document such as a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other legal name change document. All documents must be notarized. Please send the information to the Professional Licensing Agency at 402 West Washington Street, Room W072, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204. You also need to include your name as it is listed now, your new name, your license number, profession, social security number, and date of birth. If you would like an updated pocketcard, you can request one online using our License Express option.