Indiana State Board of Dentistry
NOTICE: We do not confirm receipt of items as they are received.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for review of applications and documentation. Upon review of application and additional documentation, you will be notified by email of any missing items.
You may also log onto your MyLicense account to view updates as they are processed. Allow 4-6 weeks for processing of submitted items. Items are processed in the order they are received.
Applicants are responsible for reviewing the application information for their license type for a full list of requirements. Application information for all licenses can be found in the Board's Licensing Information section. Status updates for new applications will not be provided over the phone.
Temporary Waiver from E-Prescribing Requirement: If a practitioner believes they may be eligible for a waiver from the e-prescribing requirements effective Jan. 1, 2021; they may visit the State Board of Pharmacy’s website to apply for a waiver. More information, including the reasons for which a waiver may be approved can be found HERE.
Waiver of Distance Learning CE Caps:Pursuant to Executive Order 20-21, the limitation on how many hours of Continuing Education may be completed via distance learning has been suspended. The requirements of IC 24-14-3-8 & IC 25-13-2-6 have been waived to allow for a dentist or dental hygienist to utilize distance learning to complete their Containing Education requirements for licensure renewal. A copy of the order may be found HERE.
Important notice regarding changes to the law affecting Continuing Education requirements for Controlled Substance Registrants and Re-registrants:
Effective July 1st, 2019, pursuant to Senate Enrolled Act 225-2018, a practitioner who is licensed by a board and applies for registration or re-registration to distribute or dispense a controlled substance must have completed two (2) hours of continuing education during the previous two (2) years addressing the topic of opioid prescribing and opioid abuse.
For more information and a copy of Senate Enrolled Act 225-2018, please visit the Indiana General Assembly website at iga.in.gov.
Please review the information below regarding on-going mandatory query laws:
- Registration for the INSPECT database: IC 35-48-7-11.3
- Beginning January 1, 2019, a practitioner who is permitted to distribute, dispense, prescribe, conduct research with respect to, or administer ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or a controlled substance in the course of the practitioner's professional practice or research in the United States must be certified under section 11.1(d)(4) of this chapter to receive information from the INSPECT program.
- Mandatory Query of the INSPECT database in certain instances: IC 35-48-7-11.1
- Beginning July 1, 2018, A practitioner who has had the information from the database integrated into the patient's electronic health records.
- Beginning January 1, 2019, a practitioner who provides services to the patient in the emergency department of a hospital licensed under IC 16-21 or a pain management clinic.
- Beginning January 1, 2020, a practitioner who provides services to the patient in a hospital licensed under IC 16-21.
- Beginning January 1, 2021, all practitioners.
Senate Enrolled Act 221 is effective July 1st, 2018 with subsequent rolling effective dates for mandatory query when prescribing in certain circumstances.
The full text of the bill can be found at the following link: iga.in.gov
For more information or to sign up your facility for the Statewide Integration Initiative, visit the INSPECT website at the following address: https://www.in.gov/pla/inspect
Apply online now!
Go to MyLicense.IN.gov and you will either need to create or login to your Access Indiana, single sign-on account. You will complete the online application and submit payment with a credit or debit card. You will complete the online application and submit payment with a credit or debit card. You will be contacted by a customer service representative with details of what additional documentation is required to complete your application. Applications are process in the order received.
Statutes & Rules
Criminal Background Check Information
Name and Address Change Information
Continuing Education Information
Dental Audit Tracking Worksheet
Dental Hygiene Audit Tracking Worksheet
Cindy Vaught, Board Director
Dana Brooks, Assistant Director
Rejina Henderson-Stigger, Customer Service Representative
Emma Vise, Customer Service Representative
Bradley Repass, Customer Service Representative
Christy Reid, Customer Service Representative
Professional Licensing Agency
Attn: Indiana State Board of Dentistry
402 W. Washington Street, Room W072
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Staff Phone: (317) 234-2054
Staff Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency Fax: (317) 233-4236