Pre-Licensing Education Applications
Apply Online Now for the Instructor Permit!
Go to MyLicense.IN.gov and you will either need to create or login to your Access Indiana, single sign-on account. You will complete the online application and submit payment with a credit or debit card. Please allow 48 business hours for your application to be received and reviewed. You will be contacted by a customer service representative with details of what additional documentation is required to complete your application.
Instructor License Application Instructions
- Completed Application: Applications may be submitted online at MyLicense.IN.gov or completed by paper and mailed to our office. Be sure to include an email address as this is how your licensure status will be communicated.
- Application fee of $10.00: Pay by credit or debit card for applications submitted online at MyLicense.IN.gov. If applying by paper/mail make checks or money orders payable to Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. All application fees are nonrefundable.
- Positive Response Documentation: If you answer "Yes" to any questions on the application, explain fully in a statement that includes all details. Include the violation, location, date, and disposition. Submit copies of court documents for each instance to support the statement. If malpractice, provide the name(s) of the plaintiff(s). Letters from attorneys or insurance companies are not accepted in lieu of your statement, however they may accompany your affidavit.
- Name Change: An official affidavit indicating any legal name change, a copy of a marriage certificate, or divorce decree is acceptable if your name differs from that on any of your documents.
- Instructor Assessment Program Examination: You must submit the original score sheet you received from after passing the instructor assessment program examination. If you are applying online, you must upload a digital copy of this document when you apply. If you are applying by paper application, you must ensure this document is submitted with the paper application.
Issuance of License: Upon issuance, you will be sent an email notifying you that your license has been issued. There will be instructions on how to purchase a blue license card to be mailed to you or how to download a free license card for immediate printing. You may log in to confirm issuance here.
The Fair Information Practice Act: In compliance with Ind. Code 4-1-6, this agency is notifying you that you must provide the requested information, or your application will not be processed. You have the right to challenge, correct, or explain information maintained by this agency. The information you provide will become public record. Your examination scores and grade transcripts are confidential except in circumstances where their release is required by law, in which case you will be notified.
Mandatory Disclosure of U.S. Social Security Number: Your social security number is being requested by this state agency in accordance with Ind. Code 4-1-8-1 and 25-1-5- 11(a). Disclosure is mandatory, and this record cannot be processed without it.
Failure to disclose your U.S. social security number will result in the denial of your application. Application fees are not refundable.
Abandon Applications: If an applicant does not submit all requirements within one (1) year after the date on which the application is filed, the application for licensure is abandoned without any action of the Board. An application submitted after an abandoned application shall be treated as a new application.