Emergency Care Plans
844 IAC 17-1-11 requires a certified direct entry midwife to develope a written emergency care plan for each client.
The emergency care plan must:
- Be signed by the client and midwife;
- Be maintained in the client's record;
- Specify the planned location of delivery;
- Designate a hospital(s), including directions from the planned location of deliver, where the client can receive emergency care;
- Include the name, address, and telephone number of the collaborating physician, midwife, infant's physician, and other designated providers;
- Include the name, address, and telephone number of an emergency contact for the client;
- Include a signed release of the client's records in accordance with IC 25-23.4-4-1(a)(5); and,
- Be filed with the designated hospital(s).
Sample Emergency Care Plan - This is provided for illustrative purposes only.