Chiropractor Licenses expire on July 1 of even-numbered years.
Continuing Education is required to renew your license. Information and requirements are available at the Chiropractic Continuing Education page .
Renewal notices are sent approximately ninety (90) days prior to the expiration date. Licensees with a valid email address on file will be emailed the renewal information. Licensees that do not have a valid email address on file will be mailed license renewal information. This notice is mailed to the licensee's address of record with the Board.
Renew your license online at MyLicense.IN.gov.
Renew by Mail
You may print a renewal from the Renewal Documents page.
The Indiana Professional Licensing Agency no longer automatically mails updated license cards when your license is renewed. You can determine if your renewal has been received and processed by accessing our free Online Verification Search. Please allow 24 hours (1 business day) for your license to be updated. Once you verify that your license has been renewed, you may order a new license card online. You will be given the option to download a free license card for immediate printing or to purchase a blue license card to be mailed to you.
Failure to Renew
Failure to renew a license on or before the expiration date automatically renders the license invalid without any action by the Board.
The renewal fee is $100.00 prior to the expiration date.
Inactive renewal fee is $50.00 prior to the expiration date.
Expired Licenses - Penalty Fees
A licensee may reinstate a license up to three (3) years after the expiration date by paying a late fee of $50.00 in addition to the renewal fee of $100.00. A licensee who is currently on inactive status may renew a license on inactive status after the expiration date by paying a late fee of $50.00 in addition to the inactive renewal fee of $50.00.
Expired Licenses - After Three (3) Years
If a chiropractic license has been expired for three (3) years or more you will need to contact our office at (317) 234-2054 or by email at pla8@pla.IN.gov to have a reinstatement application emailed to you. The holder of the license may be reinstated upon meeting the following requirements:
- Completion of a reinstatement application.
- Payment of the current renewal fee ($100) and current initial application fee ($100). Total renewal fee: $200.
- Completion of continuing education for the time period the license has been expired. The licensee will be required to provide copies of their continuing education certificates. The total number of continuing education hours required will be stated on your reinstatement application.
Upon receipt of the above items you will be scheduled to appear before the Board at their next scheduled meeting. The Board will determine if you will need to complete such remediation and/or additional training as deemed appropriate by the Board given the lapse of time involved.
A chiropractor may request to be placed on "Inactive Status" at the time of renewal by submitting the following:
- Completion of a renewal application.
- Payment of the inactive renewal fee - $50.00
The chiropractor is not required to complete continuing education to be placed on inactive status. The board may reinstate an inactive license upon notification and receipt of the following documentation:
- A completed renewal application.
- Payment of the current renewal fee ($100.00).
- Payment of the current reinstatement fee ($15.00).
- Evidence of attendance of one (1) educational conference approved by the board for each year or portion of a year of inactive license classification.
If a practitioner wishes to reactivate their license please email firstname.lastname@example.org.