Graduate Student Permits
Apply Online Now!
Go to MyLicense.IN.gov and you will either need to create or login to your Access Indiana, single sign-on account. You will complete the online application and submit payment with a credit or debit card. Please allow 48 business hours for your application to be received and reviewed. You will be contacted by a customer service representative with details of what additional documentation is required to complete your application.
Chiropractor Graduate Student Permit Application Instructions
- Completed Application: Applications may be submitted online at MyLicense.IN.gov or completed by paper and mailed to our office. Please note the supervisor information on the paper form must be completed and signed by the supervisor. The online application process requires the upload of the completed paper form.
- Certification from the Chiropractic School: Proof that the applicant is enrolled in the final year of course work by submission of an original school transcript or an original letter from the dean of the school. The proof must be submitted directly to the Board from the school.
The Fair Information Practice Act: In compliance with Ind. Code 4-1-6, this agency is notifying you that you must provide the requested information, or your application will not be processed. You have the right to challenge, correct, or explain information maintained by this agency. The information you provide will become public record. Your examination scores and grade transcripts are confidential except in circumstances where their release is required by law, in which case you will be notified.
Mandatory Disclosure of U.S. Social Security Number: Your social security number is being requested by this state agency in accordance with Ind. Code 4-1-8-1 and 25-1-5- 11(a). Disclosure is mandatory, and this record cannot be processed without it.
Failure to disclose your U.S. social security number will result in the denial of your application. Application fees are not refundable.
Abandon Applications: If an applicant does not submit all requirements within one (1) year after the date on which the application is filed, the application for licensure is abandoned without any action of the Board. An application submitted after an abandoned application shall be treated as a new application.
- IPLA Address/Phone Number/Fax/Email/Website: Indiana Professional Licensing Agency
Attn: Chiropractic Board
402 West Washington Street, Room W072
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Staff Phone: (317) 234-2054
FAX #: (317) 233-4236
Staff Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Graduate Student” means a student in the final year of course work at a chiropractic school or college.
- “Supervisor” is a chiropractor licensed in the state of Indiana who acts as the direct supervisor and overseer of the educational process for the graduate student.
- Issuance of Chiropractic Graduate Student Permit: Upon issuance of your student permit by the Board, you will be sent an email notifying you that your permit has been issued. There will be instructions on how to purchase a blue license card to be mailed to you or how to download a free license card for immediate printing. This service will be available at www.in.gov/pla/license.htm.
Your chiropractic supervisor and chiropractic school will be notified of the issuance of your permit by email/mail. This notification will include the permit number, date of issuance, expiration date and the location of practice.
- Duties of the Supervisor:
- The supervisor of a graduate student shall hold an Indiana chiropractic license which is current and in good standing.
- A supervisor shall supervise no more than one (1) graduate student at any given time.
- The supervisor shall develop a training schedule in coordination with the school or college of chiropractic that will be followed by the graduate student throughout the education process.
- Chiropractors who supervise graduate students shall be exclusively responsible for the direct supervision of the graduate student.
- Upon successful completion of the educational program, the supervisor shall provide the Board with a letter stating the graduate student has completed a program from beginning date to ending date.
- Duties of a Graduate Student:
- A graduate student shall not provide an independent diagnosis of a patient.
- A graduate student will be required to maintain a log of chiropractic procedures that shall be reviewed daily by the supervisor and shall be available for review by the Board at the Board’s request.
Chiropractic Licensure Applications: If you wish to apply for an Indiana chiropractic license, applications are available to download from the Indiana Board of Chiropractic Examiners website.