Board of Podiatric Medicine
Important notice regarding changes to the law affecting Gabapentin and prescribing practitioners:
Effective July 1st, 2019, pursuant to House Enrolled Acts 1246 and 1542, the Indiana scheduled prescription electronic collection and tracking (INSPECT) program will begin monitoring and tracking the prescribing and dispensation of Gabapentin. Please note, this change solely provides for the monitoring and inclusion of Gabapentin in the INSPECT database and does not schedule or affect the prescribing of Gabapentin.
For more information and a copy of House Enrolled Act 1246 or House Enrolled Act 1542, please visit the Indiana General Assembly website at iga.in.gov.
Important notice regarding changes to the law affecting Continuing Education requirements for Controlled Substance Registrants and Re-registrants:
Effective July 1st, 2019, pursuant to Senate Enrolled Act 225-2018, a practitioner who is licensed by a board and applies for registration or re-registration to distribute or dispense a controlled substance must have completed two (2) hours of continuing education during the previous two (2) years addressing the topic of opioid prescribing and opioid abuse.
For more information and a copy of Senate Enrolled Act 225-2018, please visit the Indiana General Assembly website at iga.in.gov.
Please review the information below regarding on-going mandatory query laws:
- Registration for the INSPECT database: IC 35-48-7-11.3
- Beginning January 1, 2019, a practitioner who is permitted to distribute, dispense, prescribe, conduct research with respect to, or administer ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or a controlled substance in the course of the practitioner's professional practice or research in the United States must be certified under section 11.1(d)(4) of this chapter to receive information from the INSPECT program.
- Mandatory Query of the INSPECT database in certain instances: IC 35-48-7-11.1
- Beginning July 1, 2018, A practitioner who has had the information from the database integrated into the patient's electronic health records.
- Beginning January 1, 2019, a practitioner who provides services to the patient in the emergency department of a hospital licensed under IC 16-21 or a pain management clinic.
- Beginning January 1, 2020, a practitioner who provides services to the patient in a hospital licensed under IC 16-21.
- Beginning January 1, 2021, all practitioners.
Senate Enrolled Act 221 is effective July 1st, 2018 with subsequent rolling effective dates for mandatory query when prescribing in certain circumstances.
The full text of the bill can be found at the following link: iga.in.gov
For more information or to sign up your facility for the Statewide Integration Initiative, visit the INSPECT website at the following address: https://www.in.gov/pla/inspect
Effective immediately: Due to statutory requirements regarding processing times for application fees, the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency will no longer accept more than ten (10) fees per individual check for the application or renewal of a podiatry license.
If a check is received with more than ten (10) fees per check, it may result in the return of your check along with the applications or renewals to your program for correction. Further delays in processing time, as a result of more than ten (10) fees per check, may also lead to potential late fees. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your partnership as we continue to work together to issue licenses as quickly and efficiently as possible.
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Darren Covington, J.D., Board Director
Kimberly Letko, Assistant Board Director
Donna Moran, Litigation Specialist
Meredith Shirley, Customer Service Representative
Zharia Collins, Customer Service Representative
Sherry Judkins, Customer Service Representative
Phone Number: (317) 234-2060
Fax number: (317) 233-4236
Email Address: email@example.com
Indiana Professional Licensing Agency
Attn: Podiatry Board
402 West Washington Street, Room W072
Indianapolis, IN 46204