Medical Licensing Board of Indiana
Apply for a license as a Physician/Osteopathic Physician:
- Physician/Osteopathic Physician
- Register for the Healthcare Volunteer Registry
- Register as a Telemedicine Provider
Apply for a temporary medical permit:
- Postgraduate Training Permit (formerly Residency Permit)
- Teaching Permit
- Non-ECFMG Training Permit (formerly Fellowship Permit)
Apply for a controlled substances registration:
Apply for a limited scope permit:
Additional Information for Applicants:
Additional Information for Licensees:
- PLA's online services - use this to renew your license, update address, order a license card or wall certificate, search & verify a license, digital certification
- Continuing Education Information
- Change license status to Inactive/Retired
- Renewal Information - Physicians/Osteopathic Physicians
- Renewal Information - Temporary Medical Permits
For information regarding acupuncture licenses, please click here.
For information regarding diabetes educator licenses, please click here.
For information regarding genetic counselors, please click here.
For information regarding anesthesiologist assistants, please click here.
Statutes and Rules
Wall Certificates & Pocket Cards
Digital Certification of License
Board Approved Psychiatrists & Addictionologists Updated as of 3.2.2016
Directory of Physician Assessment and Remedial Education Programs
Office Based Procedures
Accredited Assessment Programs
Practice Related Frequently Asked Questions
Medical Malpractice Information & Payout Database
High Breast Density Information - NEW!
Use the links on the right hand side of this page to search for a provider or to search for past disciplinary action. The Board does not maintain records of hospital disciplinary actions, federal disciplinary actions, or convictions. For those physicians participating in the State's Patient Compensation Fund, malpractice payment history can be searched using the link below.
To file a complaint against a provider, please use the link below. All complaints are investigated by the Attorney General's Office and are confidential unless formal charges are filed by the Attorney General's Office with the Board. For more information, the Attorney General's Office may be contacted at 317-232-6201.
Darren Covington, J.D., Board Director
Kimberly Letko, Assistant Board Director
Donna Moran, Litigation Specialist
Meredith Shirley, Customer Service Representative
Zharia Collins, Customer Service Representative
Elizabeth Sangar, Customer Service Representative
Kelsie Smith, Customer Service Representative
Staff Phone Number: (317) 234-2060
Staff Fax Number: (317) 233-4236
Staff Email: email@example.com
Indiana Professional Licensing Agency
Attn: Medical Licensing Board of Indiana
402 W. Washington Street, W072
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204