Indiana State Board of Dentistry
Important notice regarding changes to the law affecting Continuing Education requirements for Controlled Substance Registrants and Re-registrants:
Effective July 1st, 2019, pursuant to Senate Enrolled Act 225-2018, a practitioner who is licensed by a board and applies for registration or re-registration to distribute or dispense a controlled substance must have completed two (2) hours of continuing education during the previous two (2) years addressing the topic of opioid prescribing and opioid abuse.
For more information and a copy of Senate Enrolled Act 225-2018, please visit the Indiana General Assembly website at iga.in.gov.
Please review the information below regarding on-going mandatory query laws:
- Registration for the INSPECT database: IC 35-48-7-11.3
- Beginning January 1, 2019, a practitioner who is permitted to distribute, dispense, prescribe, conduct research with respect to, or administer ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or a controlled substance in the course of the practitioner's professional practice or research in the United States must be certified under section 11.1(d)(4) of this chapter to receive information from the INSPECT program.
- Mandatory Query of the INSPECT database in certain instances: IC 35-48-7-11.1
- Beginning July 1, 2018, A practitioner who has had the information from the database integrated into the patient's electronic health records.
- Beginning January 1, 2019, a practitioner who provides services to the patient in the emergency department of a hospital licensed under IC 16-21 or a pain management clinic.
- Beginning January 1, 2020, a practitioner who provides services to the patient in a hospital licensed under IC 16-21.
- Beginning January 1, 2021, all practitioners.
Senate Enrolled Act 221 is effective July 1st, 2018 with subsequent rolling effective dates for mandatory query when prescribing in certain circumstances.
The full text of the bill can be found at the following link: iga.in.gov
For more information or to sign up your facility for the Statewide Integration Initiative, visit the INSPECT website at the following address: https://www.in.gov/pla/inspect
Statutes & Rules
Criminal Background Check Information
Name and Address Change Information
Continuing Education Information
Dental Audit Tracking Worksheet
Dental Hygiene Audit Tracking Worksheet
Cindy Vaught, Board Director
Vacant, Assistant Director
Lisa Wise, Litigation Specialist/Customer Service Representative
Rejina Henderson-Stigger, Customer Service Representative
Dana Brooks, Customer Service Representative
Kiera Poindexter, Customer Service Representative
Professional Licensing Agency
Attn: Indiana State Board of Dentistry
402 W. Washington Street, Room W072
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Staff Phone: (317) 234-2054
Staff Email: email@example.com
Agency Fax: (317) 233-4236
- Renew or Update Any License
- Track Your Application
- Search and Verify License
- Digital Certification of License
- Order or Print a License
- License Watch
- Download License Files
- Disciplinary Actions / License Litigation
- INspect PDMP
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center