- Registered Professional Engineers expire July 31 of even numbered years.
- The professional engineer renewal fee is $100.
- Registered professional engineers are required to complete thirty (30) hours of continuing education with at least one (1) hour in ethics and one (1) hour in Indiana statutes and rules in order to renew a professional engineer registration. A professional engineer with a status of Inactive or a professional engineer initially licensed in Indiana in the second year of a biennium is not required to obtain any continuing education. A professional engineer initially licensed in the first year of the biennium shall only be required to obtain fifteen (15) hours of continuing education. For more information regarding CE requirements please visit our continuing education requirements page.
Renewal notices are sent approximately ninety (90) days prior to the expiration date. License holders with valid email addresses on file will be emailed the renewal notice. Those who do not have valid email addresses on file will be mailed the license renewal notice; this notice is mailed to the address of record with the Board. The Board has no way of knowing whether or not a notice reaches its destination; therefore when a notice has been emailed to a valid email address or mailed, the duty of the Board has been performed.
Online renewal is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for most license renewals. Online renewal takes only minutes, and your renewal will be processed and available for verification the next business day.
If you wish to renew your license to inactive status, you may renew online or by paper by selecting this status when prompted. When renewing to inactive status, you are not required to complete continuing education. An inactive registered professional engineer may not practice engineering.
If your license is on inactive status and you wish to renew to active status, you may email your request to the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your license number and copies of continuing education certificates verifying you have met CE requirements. This status change should be made prior to completing your license renewal.
Paper Renewal Documents
To renew your license by paper, you must select a document below. Print and mail the completed form with the required renewal fee to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. The address is on the form, and checks should be made out to 'Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.' If your license has been expired for more than three (3) years or the license renewal form you need is not available, please contact the Board by email at email@example.com.
- Renew or Update Any License
- Track Your Application
- Search and Verify License
- Digital Certification of License
- Order or Print a License
- License Watch
- Download License Files
- Disciplinary Actions / License Litigation
- INspect PDMP
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center