Changes to Licensee Information

Address Change

You can change the address on file with the Commission using the MyLicense system. Sign on as though you are renewing your license (see more about signing in here) and select "Address Changes Without Renewal" on the menu to the left. After clicking on "Next Step" make the appropriate changes to the information currently on file. After you enter all changes, click on "Save Address/Go to Next Step" and review the changes. If everything is correct, please click on "Submit Address Changes". If there are errors, please select "Licensing Home Page" on the left menu and return to the first step of this process.

Changes to your address will be very shortly after you enter them. You can review your information in MyLicense.

Name Change

If you need to change the name on file with the Commission due to marriage, divorce, or other event, please complete the following steps:

1. Gather any document(s) that may be accepted for proof of a name change. The following documents may be accepted for this purpose:

  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce decree
  • Social Security documents
  • Court orders relating to a change of name
  • Other official documents

2. Submit one or more of the above documents to IPLA via email to or by fax to (317) 233-4236. Please allow for 1-2 days for the change to be made.