Dental and Dental Hygiene License Renewal 2014
Dental and Dental Hygiene Licenses expire on March 1, 2014 Not only do you renew your license you will also renew your Controlled Substance Registration (CSR), General Anesthesia/Deep Sedation Permit, Light Parenteral Conscious Sedation Permit, and Dental Hygiene Anesthetic Permit. Please ensure that your email address and address of record are current with the Board.
**NEW CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENT FOR 2014**
For the renewal period of March 2, 2012 to March 1, 2014, dentist and dental hygienist will be required to complete one-half of their continuing education in live presentations or live workshops. This was a 2011 legislative change.
- Dentist will be required to complete ten (10) hours of the required twenty (20) hours of continuing education in live presentations or live workshops. (IC 25-14-1-16(b))
- Dental Hygienist will be required to complete seven (7) hours of the required fourteen (14) hours of continuing education in live presentation or live workshops. (IC 25-13-3-8(a))
RENEWAL INFORMATION SENT BY EMAIL
Renewal Information will be emailed to all Licensee's with a valid email address on or around December 16, 2013 Licensee's who do not have a valid email address on file will be mailed license renewal information on or around December 30, 2013 to the licensee's address of record with the Board.
LICENSE EXPRESS - ONLINE RENEWAL
You will be able renew your license, registration or permits online at License Express.
- Log onto our website at www.pla.in.gov and click on Services.In.gov/License Express located on the left hand side of the page. Then click on Renew License and/or Update Address & Contact Info.
- Login ID is your license number with an "A" at the end (ex: 12099999A) and Password is the last four digits of your social security number.
- You can update your address, email address and telephone number as part of the renewal process.
- Pay your renewal fee(s) by using your Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit or debit card. There are access and credit card fees associated with renewing on-line. No part of these fees come to IPLA.
- If you answer positive to one of the questions, you will need to provide a written statement to the Board that explains all related details. You must include all details of the violation, location, date and disposition. Letters from Attorneys, insurance companies and/or court documents are not acceptable in lieu of your statement but may be included with your statement. Be sure to write your name and license number on all documents submitted.
- You can also print a receipt upon completion of the renewal process.
RENEW BY MAIL
If you prefer to renew by mail, renewal forms are available on the Board's website for your to print out or you may contact the Dental Board staff at (317) 234-2054 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a printed renewal form. Please be sure to give us your name, address, telephone number and license number or social security number.
Dental License $120.00
Controlled Substance Registration $ 60.00
Dental General Anesthesia, Deep Sedation Permit $ 50.00
Dental Light Parenteral Conscious Sedation Permit $ 50.00
Dental Hygiene License $ 70.00
Dental Hygiene Anesthetic Permit $ 25.00
A Dentist or Dental Hygienist may request to be placed on "Inactive Status" at renewal by submitting the following:
- Completed Renewal Application. (Contact our office for a renewal application.)
- Written request to be placed on "Inactive Status".
- There is no renewal fee or continuing education required to be placed on inactive status.
The Indiana Professional Licensing Agency no longer automatically mails updated license cards when your license is renewed. You can determine if your renewal has been received and processed by accessing our free Online Verification Search. Please allow 24 hours (1 business day) for your license to be updated. Once you verify that your license has been renewed, you may print or order a new license card online at Services.IN.gov/License Express. You will be given the option to download a free license card for immediate printing or to purchase a blue license card to be mailed to you. Step by Step directions to obtain a license card.
DISPLAY OF LICENSE
Indiana law requires those engaged in the practice of dentistry or dental hygiene to display their license where they are practicing. Therefore you must either download the free license card or purchase an updated blue card to post.
Dentist: The license shall be properly displayed at all times in the office of the person named as the holder of the license, and a person may not be considered to be in legal practice if the person does not possess the license and renewal card.
Dental Hygienist: The license to practice must be displayed at all times in plain view of the patients in the office where the holder is engaged in practice. No person may lawfully practice dental hygiene who does not possess a license and its current renewal.
You may have the name changed on your licensure records by submitting a legal name change document (marriage certificate, divorce decree, social security card or other legal name change documents). Please email or mail your name change information to:
Indiana Professional Licensing Agency
ATTN: Indiana State Board of Dentistry
402 West Washington Street, Room W072
Indianapolis, Indiana 46204
Please include your name as it is listed now, your new name, and your license number or social security number.