Genetic Counselor Renewal Information
- Genetic counselor licenses expire June 30 of even numbered years.
- The genetic counselor renewal fee is $30 if renewed on or before June 30th. If renewed after June 30th a late fee of $50 will be due in addition to your renewal fee.
- To renew your license, you must have fifty (50) contact hours that have been approved by the National Society of Genetic Counselors within the two (2) year licensure period. For more information regarding CE please visit our continuing education requirements page.
Renewal notices are sent approximately ninety (90) days prior to the expiration date. License holders with valid email addresses on file will be emailed the renewal notice. Those who do not have valid email addresses on file will be mailed the license renewal notice; this notice is mailed to the address of record with the board. The board has no way of knowing whether or not a notice reaches its destination; therefore, when a notice has been emailed to a valid email address or mailed, the duty of the board has been performed.
Online renewal is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for most license renewals. Online renewal takes only minutes and your renewal will be processed and available for verification the next business day.
Name Change Information
To change your name on your Genetic Counselor license you will need to email, fax, or mail a legal document showing the name change. Legal documents accepted are a marriage certificate, divorce decree, court document, drivers license and social security card. Please include with your name change document your license number, how you wish your name to read, your current address, phone number and email address.
Paper Renewal Documents
The renew your license by paper you must select a document below. Print and mail the completed form with the required renewal fee to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. The address is on the form, and checks should be made payable to 'Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.' If the license renewal form you need is not available, please contact the board by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Renew or Update Any License
- Track Your Application
- Search and Verify License
- Digital Certification of License
- Order or Print a License
- License Watch
- Download License Files
- Disciplinary Actions / License Litigation
- INspect PDMP
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center