Main Content


Pharmacist Application

Application for Pharmacist License

The Board shall issue a pharmacist license to an individual who:

  1. submits a completed application (pages 1 & 2 only for CCAP and non-accredited program graduates) and $100 application fee, including a passport quality photograph approximately 2 ½ x 3 ½ inches;
  2. has completed the practical experience requirements (as listed below);
  3. has graduated from a pharmacy program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) OR has graduated from a pharmacy program accredited by the Canadian Council on Pharmacy Accreditation (CCPA).
    If you have graduated from a school of pharmacy located outside the United States or Canada, or from a school accredited by CCPA,  submit a notarized copy of Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Committee (FPGEC) certificate.
  4. submits to a criminal background check; - required as of July 1, 2011 (you may only do your CBC after we receive your application)     
  5. successfully completes the NAPLEX and MPJE.

Information about the FPGEC Certificate may be obtained from NABP at http://www.nabp.net/.  The FPGEC certificate is required by IC 25-26-13-11. There are no alternatives to this requirement and it cannot be waived.

→  If you have not yet graduated, you may submit your application (except for page 3, "Certificate of Completion"), fee, and any other required documentation prior to graduating.  You may also go ahead and register for the NAPLEX and MPJE at www.nabp.net.  The Certificate of Completion may be forwarded after graduation; once received, your application file can be considered complete and you may be made eligible for the examination.

If you are a licensed pharmacist in another State, you have to go to the NABP site (https://nabp.pharmacy/) and use their application for a license transfer.  This is an electronic application, however you must print it off and mail it to the Indiana Board with the following requirements:
--$100 application fee - check or money order payable to Professional Licensing Agency
--Passport style photo taken within the last 6 months
--Once everything is received and the application shows pending on our website, you may at that time move forward with obtaining your Criminal Background Check.

PLEASE NOTE:  Contrary to what the NABP website states, the Indiana Board of Pharmacy is not accepting the electronic version of the application from the NABP; you must print a copy of it and mail it in to us with the fee and photo.

Documentation Required for “Yes” Responses on Page 2

If you have responded in the affirmative ("yes") to one of the questions on an application, then you must explain fully, including all related details, in a signed and notarized statement.  You must also submit documentation regarding the incident(s) in question.  Below, find a list of documents that will be requested by the Board if not submitted.  The Board may, however, request information in addition to what is listed below upon reviewing the information submitted.

Question #1:  Copies of all Board orders filed against the license.  If action has been lifted against your license, then verification of this is required as well.
Question #2:  Submit a copy of the denial notification as well as any other documentation relating to the denial.
Question #3:  Submit all related court documentation regarding the pending charges. 
Question #4a or 4b:  Submit all related court documentation that indicate the charge, plea, sentence requirements, and, if the sentence requirements have been met, verification of completion of sentencing requirements.
Question #5:  Nothing additional; however, after reviewing your statement, the Board may request additional information.
Question #6:  Submit a copy of the judgment.
Question #7:  Submit a current evaluation from an approved addictionologist.

Fee Information

Candidates must submit a one hundred dollars ($100) application fee in the form of a check or money order made payable to the "Professional Licensing Agency".  This fee must be submitted with the application and photograph to the following:

Professional Licensing Agency
402 West Washington Street, Room W072
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Candidates may register online for the NAPLEX and MPJE at http://www.nabp.net/ and submit the examination fees by Visa or MasterCard. 

  • NAPLEX fee:  check with NABP for the cost
  • MPJE fee:  check with NABP for the cost

No candidates will be authorized to schedule an appointment (given ATT) to take the examination until fees have been received and application is complete.

NAPLEX/MPJE Examination Information

Practical Experience and/Intern Hour Requirements


ACPE Accredited Program Graduates - Candidates will comply with intern hour requirements by completing the practical experience requirements of the school of pharmacy from which the intern has graduated if the curriculum of the school has been accredited by the ACPE. No additional hours are required to be completed. Out of state graduates of ACPE accredited programs are not required to have their hours transferred or verified to our state.  The Certificate of Completion that is filed with our office by your pharmacy school verifies your hours as required for graduation; no additional hours are required to be completed.

CCAP Accredited Program Graduates - Candidates may comply with intern requirements by completing the practical experience requirements of the school of pharmacy from which the intern has graduated if the curriculum of the school has been accredited by the CCAPP. Intern hours earned in Indiana cannot be certified by the Board unless the candidate has a valid intern permit. Hours will not be credited until the intern permit is issued. Candidates wishing to complete their hours in Indiana while awaiting test results should obtain an intern permit as soon as possible.

Non-Accredited Pharmacy Program Graduates - Candidates may comply with intern requirements by submitting proof of 1500 intern experience hours served in a licensed pharmacy setting. If part or all of these hours are to be served in Indiana, you must apply for and receive an intern permit prior to beginning your hours. If you earn hours in another state, you must be properly licensed to earn hours in that state and have that state board of pharmacy transfer hours to Indiana.


If you have questions concerning the the application process or the status of a filed examination application, please e-mail the Board at pla4@pla.IN.gov.