- Pharmacist licenses expire June 30 of even-numbered years.
- The pharmacist renewal fee is $160.
- Pharmacists are required to obtain 30 hours of continuing education prior to renewal.
- Renewal is available online using our MyLicense Online License Service
- For more information regarding the renewal process or to obtain a paper renewal form please visit our renewal forms page.
Inactive StatusIf you wish to renew your license to Inactive status, you may renew online or by paper by selecting "Yes" when asked if you would like to put your license in Inactive status. Maintaining inactive status requires you to continue to renew every 2 years and pay the renewal fee of $160; however you do not need to complete continuing education while in this status.
If your license is on inactive status and you wish to renew to Active status, you may fax your request to change to active status to the Board at 317.233.4236 or by e-mail to pla4@pla.IN.gov; please include your license number with this request and copies of continuing education certificates verifying 30 hours taken in the previous 2 years. This status change should be made prior to completing your license renewal.
Expired 3+ Years ReinstatementYou may request a license reinstatement form by contacting our office at pla4@pla.IN.gov. Please provide us with your name, current address, and license number along with your request for a reinstatement application.
Along with the reinstatement application and $260 reinstatement fee, you need to submit the following information:
- Copies of certificates of completion of thirty (30) hours of continuing education taken in the last 2 years;
- If you are licensed in a state other than Indiana, please submit a copy of your current pharmacist license from that state.
- Verify in writing where you have been employed and the type of work you have been doing since your license expired.
Since your license has been expired for more than three (3) years, the Board requires you to pass the Indiana MPJE; you may register for this exam at http://www.nabp.net/. You need to submit the renewal application, fee, and other required documentation as listed above to the Board office at the same time you register for the MPJE. Once the Board receives your renewal application and documentation and you register for the MPJE, the Board will approve you to take the examination. Upon receipt of the approval, you will receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) from Pearson VUE that will provide scheduling information.
The Board may require additional information, documentation, or requirements prior to renewing your license; this would be based on the number of years your license has been expired as well as what type of work you have been doing since it expired.
If you have any questions, you may contact the Board office atpla4@pla.IN.gov.
- Renew or Update Any License
- Track Your Application
- Search and Verify License
- Digital Certification of License
- Order or Print a License
- License Watch
- Download License Files
- Disciplinary Actions / License Litigation
- INspect PDMP
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center