Continuing Education Requirements
1) Acceptable continuing education subjects:
(A) Business administration.
(C) Natural sciences.
(D) Management services-systems, cost, budget, merger and acquisition, data processing, etc.
(E) Preneed services.
(F) Restorative art/embalming.
(G) Funeral service counseling.
(H) Funeral service merchandising.
(I) Funeral customs.
(J) Communicable diseases including transmission, sterilization techniques, and risk education methods in the practice of professional services.
2) Of the minimum ten hours of instruction each funeral director and embalmer must complete within each two year period, at least four hours must be in one or more of the following areas:
(A) Preneed burial services or merchandise under IC 30-2-13.
(B) The practice of funeral service under IC 25-15-2-22.
(C) The cremation act under IC 23-14-31.
(D) The cemetery act under IC 23-14.
3) There is a limit of five of the required ten hours that may be obtained from distance learning methods.
4) Licensees may not count IOSHA and OSHA required courses towards the funeral director or embalmer continuing education renewal requirement.
You may locate or verify approved continuing education providers on our website at https://mylicense.in.gov/everification/Search.aspx?facility=Y. You may view all of the continuing education providers by leaving the name field blank in your search.
- Renew or Update Any License
- Track Your Application
- Search and Verify License
- Digital Certification of License
- Order or Print a License
- License Watch
- Download License Files
- Disciplinary Actions / License Litigation
- INspect PDMP
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center