Reinstatement Of An Expired License
Expired Licenses - Penalty Fees
A licensee may reinstate a respiratory care license up to three (3) years after the expiration date by paying a late fee of $50.00 in addition to the renewal fee of $50.00, for a total fee of $100.00. You may renew online at PLA Online Services or download the renewal form from the "Renewal Information" link on the previous page. Online renewals are only available for up to 18 months. You may be required to reset your user id and password using the "Register a Person" option.
Expired Licenses - After Three (3) Years
If your respiratory care license has been expired for three (3) years or more you will be required to complete the following:
1. Submit a renewal form from the "Renewal Information" link on the previous page.
2. Payment of a Reinstatement Fee (Current renewal fee plus the current application fee): $100.00
3. Proof of continuing education for the time period the license has been expired. Must include 15 hours for the renewal missed and then 7.5 hours for every year the license has been expired.
4. Letter of work history detailing your employment since the Indiana license expired.
5. Verification of any other state licenses held.
6. The Committee may require you to appear for further review.
7. The Committee may require you to retake and pass the current entry level National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) examination with proof of the current examination results submitted to the Committee. However, you may also request a copy of your most recent credentialing from NBRC. For either of these options, please contact the NBRC at:
National Board of Respiratory Care, Inc.
10801 Mastin Street, Suite 300
Overland Park, KS 66210-1614
Telephone: (913) 895-4900
Fax: (913) 712-9283
Web Site: http://www.nbrc.org/
Continuing Education Requirements
Information regarding continuing education requirements is located at the Committee's website. Below is a chart of how many continuing education hours you may be required to complete in order to renew your license based upon the expiration date:
|LICENSE EXPIRED||CONTINUING EDUCATION HOURS REQUIRED|
|December 31, 1992||210*|
|December 31, 1994||210|
|December 31, 1996||195|
|December 31, 1998||180|
|December 31, 2000||165|
|December 31, 2002||150|
|December 31, 2004||135|
|December 31, 2006||120|
|December 31, 2008||105|
|December 31, 2010||90|
|December 31, 2012||75|
|December 31, 2014||60|
|December 31, 2016||45|
|December 31, 2018||30|
*Respiratory care practitioners were not required to complete continuing education for the renewal of their license in 1992.
- Renew or Update Any License
- Track Your Application
- Search and Verify License
- Digital Certification of License
- Order or Print a License
- License Watch
- Download License Files
- Disciplinary Actions / License Litigation
- INspect PDMP
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center