Instructions for Temporary Permit Applicants
To obtain a temporary permit to practice as a physical therapist or a physical therapist's assistant, you must also apply for full licensure or certification to practice in the state of Indiana.
A person with a temporary permit may only practice physical therapy under the direct supervision of an Indiana licensed physical therapist who is responsible for the patient.
A temporary permit shall expire on the earliest date that any one (1) of the following occurs:
- Applicant becomes licensed or certified.
- Application for licensure or certification is disapproved.
- Ninety (90) days has passed since the issuance of the temporary permit.
Required Documentation for Exam Applicants
- Completed application with the $50.00 temporary permit fee, plus the initial application fee of $100.00;
Required Documentation for Endorsement Applicants
- Renew or Update Any License
- Track Your Application
- Search and Verify License
- Digital Certification of License
- Order or Print a License
- License Watch
- Download License Files
- Disciplinary Actions / License Litigation
- INspect PDMP
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center