- Physical Therapy licenses and Physical Therapy Assistant certifications expire on June 30 of even-numbered years.
- The physical therapist and physical therapist's assistant renewal fee is $100.00
- All PT and PTA licensees are required to obtain continuing competency in order to renew their license. For more information regarding CC please visit our continuing competency information page.
Renewal notices are sent approximately ninety (90) days prior to the expiration date. License holders with valid email addresses on file will be emailed the renewal notice. Those who do not have valid email addresses on file will be mailed the license renewal notice; this notice is mailed to the address of record with the committee. The committee has no way of knowing whether or not a notice reaches its destination; therefore when a notice has been emailed to a valid email address or mailed, the duty of the committee has been performed.
Online renewal is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for most license renewals. Online renewal takes only minutes, and your renewal will be processed and available for verification the next business day.
Paper Renewal Documents
To renew your license by paper, you must select a document below. Print and mail the completed form with the required renewal fee to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency. The address is on the form, and checks should be made payable to 'Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.'
To reinstate your license if it has been expired over 3 years, you must submit the following to our office:
1. PT/PTA Reinstatement Document seen above
2. Reinstatement fee of $200.00
3. Letter of work history detailing your employment since your Indiana license expired
4. Verification of any other state licenses held
5. Proof of continuing education totaling 22 hours with 2 hours in ethics and Indiana jurisprudence. These hours must be obtained within the last 24 months.
Any further questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.