Continuing Education Requirements
The amount of continuing education required for renewal of certified dietitians is determined by the date on which the applicant for renewal initially received the certificate as specified as follows:
(1) An applicant for renewal who initially received certification within twelve (12) months of the expiration date is not required to complete a continuing education requirement.
(2) An applicant for renewal who initially received certification greater than twelve (12) months but less than twenty-four (24) months prior to the expiration date must provide proof of at least fifteen (15) hours of continuing education. The fifteen (15) hours of continuing education must be obtained subsequent to the date the applicant initially received certification but prior to the expiration date.
(3) An applicant for renewal who initially received certification more than twenty-four (24) months before the expiration date must provide proof of at least thirty (30) hours of continuing education during the two (2) years immediately preceding renewal.
The board shall determine which activities meet the continuing education requirements and may accept those courses approved by the CDR for this purpose. Applicants will be subject to a random audit and must be prepared to submit documentation of completion of approved hours if requested by the board at that time.
Continuing education questions may be directed to email@example.com or (317) 234-2060. You may also write to the Indiana Dietitians Certifications Board at 402 West Washington Street, Room W072, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204.
- Renew or Update Any License
- Track Your Application
- Search and Verify License
- Digital Certification of License
- Order or Print a License
- License Watch
- Download License Files
- Disciplinary Actions / License Litigation
- INspect PDMP
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center