Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Controlled Substance Registrations (CSR), General Anesthesia/Deep Sedation Permits, Light Parenteral Conscious Sedation Permits, and Mobile Dental Practice Permits expire on March 1of even-numbered years.
Continuing Education is required to renew your license. Information and requirements are available here.
Renewal notices are sent approximately ninety (90) days prior to the expiration date. Licensees with a valid email address on file will be emailed the renewal information. Licensees that do not have a valid email address on file will be mailed license renewal information. This notice is mailed to the licensee's address of record with the Board.
You can renew your license online using PLA Online Services.
Renew by Mail
You may print a renewal from the Renewal Documents page.
A Dentist or Dental Hygienist may request to be placed on "Inactive Status" at renewal by submitting a completed renewal form and marking "yes" for the question that asks if you would like to place your license in inactive status. There is no renewal fee or continuing education required to be placed on inactive status. To reinstate an inactive license to active status, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Indiana Professional Licensing Agency no longer automatically mails updated license cards when your license is renewed. You can determine if your renewal has been received and processed by accessing our free Online Verification Search. Please allow 24 hours (1 business day) for your license to be updated. Once you verify that your license has been renewed, you may order a new license card online. You will be given the option to download a free license card for immediate printing or to purchase a blue license card to be mailed to you.
Display of License Requirement
- Dentist : The license shall be properly displayed at all times in the office of the person named as the holder of the license, and a person may not be considered to be in legal practice if the person does not possess the license and renewal card.
- Dental Hygienist: The license to practice must be displayed at all times in plain view of the patients in the office where the holder is engaged in practice. No person may lawfully practice dental hygiene who does not possess a license and its current renewal
Dentist - $120
Dental Hygienists - $70
Controlled Substance Registration (CSR) - $60
General Anesthesia, Deep Sedation (GADS) - $50
Light Parenteral Conscious Sedation (LPCS) - $50
Dental Hygiene Local Anesthesia Permit - $25
Mobile Dental Facility - $150
Expired License - Penalty Fees
A licensee may reinstate a license, registration or permit up to three (3) years after the expiration date by paying a late fee of $50.00 each in addition to the renewal fee.
Dentist - $170
Dental Hygienist - $120
Controlled Substance Registration (CSR) - $110
General Anesthesia, Deep Sedation (GADS) - $100
Light Parenteral Conscious Sedation (LPCS) - $100
Mobile Dental Facility - $200
Expired License - After Three (3) Years
If your dental or dental hygiene license has been expired for three (3) years or more you go to the Renewal Documents page and download the reinstatement application. You will be required to complete the following:
1. Completion of reinstatement application.
2. Proof of continuing education for the time period the license has been expired.
3. Payment of a Reinstatement Fee (Current renewal fee plus the current application fee)
Upon receipt of the above items you will be scheduled to appear before the Board at their next scheduled meeting. The Board will determine if you will need to complete such remediation and/or additional training as deemed appropriate by the Board given the lapse of time involved.
Failure to Renew
Failure to renew a license on or before the expiration date automatically renders the license, registration and permit invalid without any action by the Board. You may not practice at any time on an expired license.
- Renew or Update Any License
- Track Your Application
- Search and Verify License
- Digital Certification of License
- Order or Print a License
- License Watch
- Download License Files
- Disciplinary Actions / License Litigation
- INspect PDMP
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center