OUCC Social Media
Please follow us on social media:
Our goal is to share information with as many Indiana utility consumers as possible.
OUCC Social Media Policy
While we monitor OUCC-sponsored social media pages, we are not responsible for content generated by users. Our policy is to accept the majority of comments made to our profiles and we encourage participants to comment in a civil and respectful manner.
If you would like to offer comments on a rate case or other pending case, please contact us by email or mail, or use the electronic contact form on our website. Comments posted on our social media pages cannot be filed for the formal record in pending cases.
- Links to external websites are shared for informational purposes and do not constitute endorsements.
- Comments, links and images posted by non-OUCC personnel may not necessarily represent the views of the agency.
- We do not allow profanity, obscenity, vulgarity, product/service endorsements, advertising or political campaigning in our social media efforts, as well as hate speech, nudity, intellectual property infringements, or defamatory statements. We reserve the right to remove posts containing such content.
- We may also remove posts that are considered inappropriate, off-topic, excessively repetitive and/or disruptive to the online community and our social media efforts. Discussions of political views and philosophies should be addressed in other forums.
- We will answer questions as time permits. Be cautious of answers from other users. The information may or may not be accurate.
- If you are a consumer facing disconnection by a regulated utility, call the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) at 317-232-2712 immediately.
- Information shared on OUCC social media sites is intended to provide general information and not legal advice. Specific legal authority concerning regulated Indiana utilities can be found in the Indiana Code (Title 8) and the Indiana Administrative Code (Title 170).
- We understand that social media is a 24/7/365 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our guests to ignore personal attacks and negative speech and to respond politely.
Repeated violations of the above guidelines may result in the author being banned from all OUCC-sponsored social media efforts. This can occur without warning and at the agency's discretion. Please contact the OUCC at uccinfo@oucc.IN.gov with questions.