Language Translation
  Close Menu

State and Federal Registration

In order to do business with the State of Indiana and be issued a grant agreement from OED, there are a few state and federal registrations that must be completed and are outlined below.

All three State of Indiana requirements are outlined by IDOA, and are also individually listed below.

Federal registrations are required to receive OED grants because the funding is provided by U.S. Department of Energy.

  • DUNS Number. Applicants must have (or obtain) a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number which is a unique numeric identifier regulated by Dun and Bradstreet. This is a requirement to receive federal grant funds. The DUNS number is a required field for all subsequent steps in the application submission. Applicants can receive a DUNS number at no cost by calling the DUNS number request line at (866) 705-5711. If applicants believe they possess an active DUNS number, they should call the request line to verify their DUNS number.
  • System for Awards Management (SAM). Once a DUNS number has been obtained, an applicant must register the number in the SAM. (Note: In April 2022, the SAM plans to begin issuing the Unique Entity Identifier (UEI), the new “official identifier for doing business with the U.S. Government.” To learn more about SAM’s rollout of the UEI, please visit