Info Agency Main Banner Content
State Partner Agencies
Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM)
IDEM implements federal and state regulations to protect human health and the environment while allowing the environmentally sound operations of industrial, agricultural, commercial and government activities vital to a prosperous economy. IDEM helps Indiana’s energy industry to comply with air, land, and water regulations:
DNR protects, enhances, preserves, and wisely uses natural, cultural, and recreational resources for the benefit of Indiana's citizens.
- DNR’s Division of Oil and Gas regulates petroleum exploration, production and site closing activities, underground injection control, and geophysical surveying.
- DNR’s Division of Reclamation administers state and federal programs for the surface mining of coal, clay, shale, or oil shale, and the restoration of lands disturbed for the extraction of these minerals.
The IEDC is the State of Indiana's lead economic development agency. The IEDC focuses its efforts on growing and retaining businesses in Indiana and attracting new business to the State.
IHCDA seeks to provide housing opportunities, promote self-sufficiency, and strengthen communities. IHCDA’s programs for low-income Hoosiers include the following:
ISDA serves as an advocate for agriculture at the local, state, and federal level and promotes economic opportunity in the food, fiber, and bioenergy sector. OED and ISDA collaborate on promoting and opportunities for bioenergy projects.
ISDH promotes and provides essential public health services.
- ISDH’s Weights, Measures, and Metrology program monitors diesel and gasoline fueling stations to ensure that consumers receive full measure when they purchase a gallon of fuel.
DHS develops Indiana’s public safety capabilities for the wellbeing and protection of our citizens, property, and economy.
- DHS writes Indiana’s building energy codes
- DHS assists in developing Indiana’s energy assurance plan
DOR is responsible for providing service to Indiana citizens regarding state tax matters. The DOR manages Indiana’s tax deductions and tax credits
- Tax deductions for the installation of insulation
- Tax deduction for solar powered roof fans
- Tax deduction for geothermal technologies
- Tax credit for the purchase of a natural gas vehicle with a gross rating of more than 33,000 pounds (IC 6-3.1-34.6)
- Tax credit for Indiana’s natural gas tax credit for 12% of the road taxes imposed on a commercial vehicle’s natural gas consumption (IC 6-6-4.1 and IC 6-6.12)
The IURC regulates many of Indiana’s electric and natural gas utilities. The IURC approves both utility programs and the recovery of utility expenses through utility rates. An advocate of neither the public nor the utilities, the IURC is required by state statute to make decisions that balance the interests of all parties to ensure the utilities provide adequate and reliable service at reasonable prices.
OCRA seeks to provide capacity building solutions to ensure ready, marketable, and competitive communities for economic growth.
- Through the Community Development Block Grants that OCRA administers, OCRA can help communities improve the energy efficiency of their wastewater treatment and drinking water plants.
The OUCC represents ratepayer interests in cases before state and federal utility regulatory commissions. The OUCC helps ensure all Indiana consumers have quality, reliable utility services at the most reasonable prices through dedicated advocacy, consumer education, and creative problem solving.