- Skip Navigation

Note: This message is displayed if (1) your browser is not standards-compliant or (2) you have you disabled CSS. Read our Policies for more information.


Agency Links Links

OED > Grants & Awards > Current Grantees Current Grantees

NOTE: Guidelines and Applications for all current grant programs are now available. More...

This page is for grantees that have already been awarded a grant through the Office of Energy Development and either have an executed grant agreement, or have a grant agreement in the signature process.

Drawdown Process

Once you have been awarded a grant and have an executed grant agreement, you may start drawing down your grant money. In order to do this, you must submit a Claim Voucher. This Claim Voucher is included in this package. Here are the steps you must take in order to receive your grant money:

  1. A signed original of the following forms have been returned to the Office of Energy and Defense Development: Authorized Signatures for Payment Request, W-9, and an Automated Direct Deposit Authorization Agreement. These financial forms came with the award letter and unsigned contract. This only has to be done once.
  2. With each draw, make one copy of your Claim Voucher, sign and date the bottom at Signature of Vendor. That is the only thing you need to do on the Claim Voucher, the rest of the information provided on that document is for internal use only.
  3. Return the signed Claim Voucher with invoices or supporting documentation to the Office of Energy and Defense Development.

Please keep in mind that most grants contain a cost share which means you may not be reimbursed for the entire amount on the invoices and/or supporting documentation. Therefore, you may have to submit more than one Claim Voucher in order to receive your full grant amount.

If you have any questions with this process, please contact Julie Howe at (317) 232-8978 or


A report is due at the end of each quarter and a final report at the end of the funding period. The reports will detail activities/results such as timelines, budget information including grant monies received, energy and environmental benefits, and a narrative on the project's progress. These results/activities are provided to the State by the grantee in the form of Quarterly Reports which are due in January, April, July, and October of each year during the Grant Agreement. The reports will be used to track progress made by the grantee as well as used to report to the U.S. Department of Energy.

A final progress report will be due within 90 days of the Expiration Date. This final report will summarize all aspects of the project.


Quarterly Reporting Forms

The OED operates on fiscal year July 1 – June 30, during which it is required to provide quarterly reports to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). In order to provide information necessary for this reporting, the State must require its grantees to provide quarterly reports as well, which are formatted to reflect grant program specific data. The following is the time line established for reporting:

- Grantee Reports to OED State Reports to DOE
Quarter 1 (July 1 – Sept 30) October 15 October 31
Quarter 2 (Oct 1 – Dec 31) January 15 January 30
Quarter 3 (Jan 1 – Mar 31) April 15 April 30
Quarter 4 (Apr 1 – June 30) July 15 July 30

Reports detail activities and results for the time specified, and include information about grant monies received, energy/environmental benefits, social/community benefits, and a narrative depicting the project’s progress. Grantees are required to submit quarterly reports until the date that denotes the end of the contract time frame. This is true even if all funds have been drawn, or site visit(s) have been conducted.

If you have any questions about reporting, please contact Carmen Pippenger at (317) 232-8951 or

Final Reporting Forms

Final reports are required by each grantee within 30 days after the contract’s expiration date. These reports are formatted in the same manner as the quarterly reports, and indicate the culmination of all work performed by the grantee in exchange for grant awards. The Grant Specialist will send notification to the grantee requesting the final report by email if available, or postal mail, otherwise. Thus, it is important that grantees provide OED with any changes in contact information.

If you have any questions about reporting, please contact Carmen Pippenger at (317) 232-8951 or