Agency Main Banner Content
Workshops and Training Sessions
A variety of workshops and training sessions, including an annual conference, are available to participating communities. All workshops are organized to bring optimal learning opportunities to Main Street staff and volunteers. These events are delivered throughout the state and often include travel-friendly options like tele-video conferencing and regionally based events. Indiana Main Street welcomes suggestions and requests for workshops and training sessions.
2019 Community Exchanges
The Main Street Community Exchanges are designed to bring Main Street communities from across the state to various locations to learn about best practices, new initiatives, and gain insight into other communities unique approach to implementing Main Street. The exchanges feature learning opportunities, lunches, networking, and tours. Each exchange is held on a Friday and is an all day event.
- April 12, in Historic Corydon - Disaster Planning for Main Streets presentation - pdf
- June 7, in Brookville
- Oct. 11, in Crawfordsville - register here
- Dec. 6, in Pendleton
- February 2: Auburn (DeKalb) - Promotion Agenda
- May 18: Francesville (Pulaski) - Economic Vitality - (Canceled)
- July 13: Hope (Bartholomew) - Historic Preservation
- September 28: New Albany (Floyd) - Placemaking
- November 16: Frankfort (Clinton) - Agenda
Indiana Main Street - Annual Report
The reporting process gives our office an opportunity to utilize the information collected to conduct a yearly assessment of each local organization. There are two reports, the annual assessment and the return on investment survey. Attending a community exchange, Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA) regional conference, or other certified training by IMS fulfills the other portion of the assessment process.
In addition to the re-certification process, the information and feedback collected from this report provides OCRA with the information needed to develop the most effective strategy for our team to provide your organization with the best technical assistance and programming.
The 2018 Indiana Main Street Assessment and Return on Investment forms are available to complete (see links below). The deadline for inputting data is February 1, 2019.
To view the 2018 Assessment & ROI recorded webinar, watch above or click here
If you have questions about completing the report or need other assistance, please contact your Community Liaison, a map can be found on our website.
In collaboration with our partners at the National Main Street Center, we invite you to join the Start Up Membership Program. This exclusive two-year program is designed especially for organizations that are not already members and are newer to Main Street, working towards accreditation, or focused on building capacity. It allows access to valuable tools and resources at a significantly discounted rate as you develop your local revitalization effort. For just $150 per year (usually valued at $350), you’ll gain access to:
- The Point, Main Street America’s online member networking platform that allows you to share ideas and resources with other revitalization professionals across the country;
- State of Main, our annual printed publication;
- Access to the Resource Center full of must-read revitalization publications, resource guides, webinars, curated Revitalization Toolkits, and archives of the Main Street Now journal;
- Free online training opportunities;
- Special discounted rates at the annual Main Street Now Conference, and the Main Street America Institute;
After your two years as a Start Up Member, the opportunity will be available to move to one of National’s other member categories. You’ll maintain access to your benefits as you take the next step in your Main Street journey. Please refer to this one-pager for more information. Feel free to contact our partners at NMSC with any questions
2017 Community Exchanges
The following Indiana Main Street organizations will hosted an exchange in their communities:
Friday, June 23: Newburgh (Warrick County) - Promotion
Friday, August 25: Cambridge City (Wayne County) - Economic Vitality
Friday, September 22: North Liberty (St. Joseph County) - 4 Point Refresh
Friday, October 20: Jeffersonville (Clark County) - Design
Friday, November 17: Terre Haute (Vigo County) - Organization