Urgent Need

Urgent need grants are funded with federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) dollars from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). An activity must be designed to alleviate existing conditions, certified by the local government and determined by the state to pose a serious and immediate threat to the health or welfare of the community. Urgent need grants will be considered if the threat is of recent origin or recently became urgent, the state grant recipient is unable to finance the activity on its own, or if other sources of funding are not available to carry out the activity.

If you have any questions on the Urgent Need program then please contact your community liaison. 
Click HERE for the Community Liaison district map and their contact information.