Before you register with Indiana's Medicaid Promoting Interoperability (PI) Program, take the following steps:
- Verify that the provider you are trying to register has been actively enrolled with the Indiana Health Coverage Programs (IHCP) for at least the past 90 days.
- Verify that you are potentially eligible for the Medicaid Promoting Interoperability (PI) Program - See the Eligibility page at cms.gov to answer a few questions to determine your potential eligibility for the Medicaid PI Program.
- Make sure you have a certified electronic health records (EHR) system − Check the Certified Health IT [Information Technology] Product List (CHPL) for the authoritative, comprehensive list of Complete EHRs and EHR Modules that have been tested and certified under the Temporary Certification Program on the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) for Health IT website at hhs.gov > Recovery.
- Update or verify your Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS) information via the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) website at cms.gov (Medicare > Medicare Provider-Supplier Enrollment > Internet Based PECOS > Access to internet Based PECOS).
- Enroll in the IHCP Provider Healthcare Portal (Portal) if you have not already done so. Indiana's EHR Registration and Attestation portal is available to providers from within the IHCP Portal, so make sure you can access this important tool. You can contact the Portal team via telephone at 1-800-457-4584.
- Make sure the information you have on file with the National Plan & Provider Enumeration System (NPPES) on the CMS website and with the IHCP is correct and consistent.
- For registration, the CMS uses the information you have on file with the NPPES, including your National Provider Identifier (NPI) and taxpayer identification number. When you register with Indiana's PI Program, the CMS information must match information on file with the IHCP.
- Update your National Plan & Provider Enumeration System (NPPES) information on the CMS website.
- Update your provider profile through the Portal or by contacting DXC Technology at 1-800-457-4584.
When you are ready to register, take the following steps:
- Your registration and attestation with the CMS for the Medicaid PI Program needs to be completed before you attempt to register with Indiana's Medicaid PI Program. To register, visit the CMS Promoting Interoperability Programs web page at the CMS website.
- Review the most recent update of the Medical Assistance Provider Incentive Repository (MAPIR) User Guides:
- MAPIR: User Guide for Eligible Hospitals for the IHCP (effective for Indiana May 24, 2019)
- MAPIR User Guide for Eligible Professionals for the IHCP (effective for Indiana May 24, 2019) are separate documents specific to the task: