Large Scale Emergencies
What you need to know if a Large Scale Emergency Occurs:
- Remain calm and be patient
- Follow the instructions of local emergency officials
- Listen to your radio or television and read updates online for information and instructions
- Call your family contact and then only use the phone if it is a life-threatening emergency (to keep phone lines and cellular waves clear)
- Confine and secure your pets
If you are instructed to evacuate, officials have good reason to make this request. Wear long sleeves, pants, and sturdy shoes for protection, take your disaster supply kit, take your pets, lock your home, and use designated travel routes (don't look for shortcuts).