The Food and Consumer Safety Division is responsible for licensing and inspecting Noble County’s retail food establishments, temporary food establishments in conjunction with special events and festivals, conduction food-borne illness investigations, and responding to food-related consumer complaints.
This division is also responsible for inspection of Tattoo/Body Piercing establishments and investigation of reportable animal bites.
Recalls & Alerts
For a list of the most recent food recalls, market withdrawals, and safety alerts, please visit http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html
- 2021 Food Permit Application - 313.71KB
- 410 IAC 7-24, Retail Food Rule - 2.42MB
- Event Organizer Application - 852.82KB
- Starting a New Business - Paperwork - 617.17KB
- Plan Review - To be turned in 30 days before opening your new business - 1.41MB
- Animal Bite Report - 146.38KB
- Farmers Markets and Home Base Vendors Information - 26.54KB
- Home Based Vendors - PHF Information - 941.21KB
- Mushrooms Information - 406.99KB
- Micro Markets - 722.39KB
- What is rabies?
It is a viral infection transmitted in the saliva of an infected animal. The virus enters the central nervous system of the host.
- Are animals bites reportable?
Yes, by law all animal bites are to be reported to the local Heatlh Department as soon as possible after the incident occurs.
- What is considered a bite?
If there is a possibility that the saliva from the animal has entered the blood stream.
- What happens to the animal after a bite incident?
Only a dog, cat or ferret can be confined for 10 days from the date of the bite. At the end of the quarantine period a visual health check is conducted to verify the health of the animal. If the animal is showing any signs of illness, a veterinarian’s opinion is sought. If the animal is healthy, the quarantine is lifted.
- My animal has a current rabies vaccination, why do I have to quarantine for 10 days?
By law, whether an animal has a current rabies vaccination or not, the animal is still required to be quarantined for 10 days.
- What does quarantine mean?
A quarantine means the animal cannot have any contact with another human or animal other than the caregiver.
- What if a wild animal bites me?
In the case of wild animal bites, the individual species is considered before deciding whether to euthanize the animal for rabies testing.
- Is a license required to operate a tattoo/body piercing facility in Noble County?
- How do I receive a license to operate a tattoo/body piercing facility in Noble County?
Contact the Noble County Health Department for more information.
- What is the fee for opening a tattoo/body piercing facility in Noble County?
See fee schedule.