West Nile Virus Information
- West Nile Virus and Mosquitoes
- West Nile Virus and People
- West Nile Virus and Horses and Pets
- West Nile Virus Prevention
West Nile Virus...Be Smart. Be Safe. Be Certain.
- Be Smart. Take special precautions when outdoors between dusk and dawn, when mosquitoes are most active.
- Be Safe. Use insect repellent containing DEET
- Be Certain. Make sure your property is free of standing water, which could become a breeding ground for the mosquitoes that carry the West Nile virus. Check your flowerpots, buckets, old tires, and clogged gutters.