Libraries and COVID-19
We recognize that every community will deal with the pandemic in their own ways, but would like to share some resources with library administrations as they navigate through this difficult time.
Executive Orders & Indiana State Library Legal Memos
- Governor's Executive Order 20-26: Roadmap to Reopen (May1, 2020)
- 5 Stages to get Indiana Back on Track
- Governor's Executive Order 02-08: Update on requirements to public meetings, INfoExpress hiatus, and more
- Indiana State Library Legal Memo - General Employment Questions (March 30, 2020) Please read the FFCRA memos below for additional considerations regarding employee paid leave.
- Indiana State Library Legal Memo - Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) (March 31, 2020) Addendum FFCRA Update (Email, April 7, 2020)
- Continuity of Essential Operations 04_03_2020
- Certification Update: Extension of Certain Certification Deadlines (Email, April 13, 2020) Certification Update: Second Extension of Certain Certification Deadlines (Email, May 12, 2020)
- Indiana State Library Legal Memo - Library Roles in a Pandemic Outbreak of COVID-19 (March 12, 2020; updated May 22, 2020)
COVID-19 Information for Libraries
- The Indiana Library Federation has complied a list of some polices and some guidance enacted by your colleagues around the state.
- Activities and resources for the COVID-19 Crisis
- Considerations for reopening if the library board or staff still have concerns - Indiana State Library
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Webinar Series – Free Aim Webinar Series on COVID 19 Response
- COVID-19 and the Workplace | U.S. Department of Labor
- COVID-19 Resources for Local Governments – Indiana local government associations and Purdue Extension have come together to provide a central hub of educational resources for local governments as they work to keep their community healthy, safe, and well-informed.
- COVID-19 Topic Page: STATS Indiana
- COVID-19 Webinars- Resources for Libraries
- FEMA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: Public Assistance Simplified Application
- Free for now resources to support libraries during the pandemic.
- Gale’s comprehensive online toolkit for libraries and educators impacted by COVID-19
- Indiana Public Libraries Standards Guidance
- IOSHA Worker Safety Initiatives for COVID-19
- ISL COVID-19 Regional Meetings April 2020
- Keep Americans Connected Pledge Link to the FCC press release
- Returning to Work
- SBOA Electronic Signatures Memo
- The Indiana State Department of Health is keeping Hoosiers apprised of developments: .
- Timely Deposit of Funds and Approval of Claims during the Public Health Emergency
Free and reduced internet access
- Comcast Internet Essentials
- Spectrum Internet Assist
- Access from AT&T
- FCC’s Lifeline Program Put in your zip code and find low-cost options from providers in your area
- EveryoneOn Low-Cost Internet Service Programs Tool Kit
The following list of libraries that have closed is for informational purposes only. It is not meant to serve as a notice of any particular libraries closure or to be a complete list of every library that has reduced hours or services in the state. The list will be updated with information as it is made available to us.